Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Heidi and Marts, October 2, 2010 at Willamette Valley Vineyards

Beautiful. Beautiful I think is the one word that could summarize the wedding of Heidi and Marts. To begin, the wedding was held at Willamette Valley Vineyards. Next it was a bright and sunny day with the promise of a sunset one should see at least once in their lifetime. After that, the couple was one of the calmest, cool and happy couples I’ve come across in all my years of wedding photography. The wedding was not about a big to do, it was intimate and quiet and elegant and happy. There were guests from all sorts of places. Marts’ parents flew in from overseas (I think) and some of the guests also made the trek to the great Northwest. Speaking with Heidi she loved the documentarian style so I was a fly on the wall for most of the day. It’s great to observe laughter and the good time being had by all. The backdrop of their ceremony was spectacular. Right behind them was the valley with rows and rows of vineyards and the Sun peaking over the hills. After the first dance, Marts and his mother, a former dancing champion, decided to let loose and utilize their dancing genes and put on a show. By no means am I an athlete, so keeping up with them was a little bit of a task. I definitely had to catch my breath after that Mother/Son dance. It was definitely a wedding to be remembered and was “borderline” hysterical. Thanks to the family and couple for allowing me to witness their unique and special day.


No comments:

Post a Comment